Showing 2625 results

Catalogue
Photo 15
S-0526-0348-0001-00017 · Item · 1950-01-01 - 1960-12-31
Part of United Nations Korean Reconstruction Agency (UNKRA) (1950-1958)

Prof. MacDonald inspecting a patient with an advanced case of leprosy at the preventorium of the Presbyterian Leprosarium at Taegu. Children of leper parents are brought here at birth or when their parents are committed. The Institution, known in Korea as Ai Sak Won, was opened in 1913 by the American Presbyterian Mission. Its normal capacity of 450 was increased to 1,175 patients. Thirty-five of the 200 children there are infected children of leper parents. The parents are isolated in another part of the institution.