Imprimir vista previa Cerrar

Mostrando 1616 resultados

Descripción archivística
S-0914 · Serie · 1911 - 1926
Parte de International Penal and Penitentiary Commission (1872-1955)

Administrative history: During this period, 1911-1926, the individual serving as Secretary-General was Simon van der Aa (Groningen).

Series consists of the correspondence of the Secretary-General, arranged in the following sequence (and therein chronologically): lettres rescues, lettres expediees, with several miscellaneous files following.

S-0536 · Serie · 1893 - 1929
Parte de International Penal and Penitentiary Commission (1872-1955)

Administrative history: The position of Treasurer was held was by the following individuals: S. de Laizlow, 1893-1897 (Budapest); F. Woxen, 1889-1924 (Christiania); A. Omsted, 1924-1929 (Oslo).

Series documents membership contributions of Commission member countries. Records include Treasurers' reports, correspondence, and financial journals. Arranged in several broad categories and therein chronologically.

Representative and Observer files

Series contains the following records in the stated order: a list of delegations to the Conference, credentials of delegates (arranged alphabetically by country), records relating to the assignment of representatives to UNCIO commissions and committees, a credentials list of authorized signers of Conference documents, reports on credentials and full powers, draft lists of delegates and delegations, records relating to UNCIO observers, and records relating to credentials for the Preparatory Commission.

Series contains: working papers of the Conference, consisting of organizational records, Dumbarton Oaks Proposals comments and amendments, Conference agenda, correspondence, minutes, resolutions, and records of the Plenary United Nations Committee on Jurists and General Committees. Series arranged in order stated.

Documents, proceedings of the conference, and working papers

A Procurement Division was one of three major parts of the early Bureau of Supply (Bureau of Supply Order No. 2, c. Jan. 1944). By April 1944, it had become the Procurement Coordination Branch (later Division) (B.S. Order No. 8). In August 1947 the Division was abolished, its remaining functions being carried on by a new Division of Residual Operations and Records, which was in turn succeeded on 1 April 1948, by the Division of Residual Supply Activities (General Bulletin 277; Administrative Order 103, Supp. 21).
The chief responsibilities of the Procurement Coordination Division were to act in a staff capacity in developing a procurement program and "to assume leadership for procurement work of the Bureau"; to maintain liaison with suppliers, government agencies, UNRRA offices, and supply missions on procurement matters; to assemble data on member countries ability to contribute to UNRRA and assist in negotiations for contributions; and to develop procedures for acquiring war surpluses.
The Division consisted of a Requisition and Budget Control Branch, a Surplus Property Branch, a Latin American Branch, a British Dominions and India Branch, and an Expediting (United States and Canada) Branch. A Direct Purchase Branch, which was a part of the Division until 16 May 1946, was abolished at that time and succeeded by a new Division of Emergency Procurement. The Requisition and Budget Control Branch was changed in January 1947 to the Funding, Budget, and Records Management Branch, under Allan T. Bonnell, who in August became head of the Residual Operations and Records Division.

Subject files

Series arranged in sub-series as follows: General files (including miscellaneous publications), public interest correspondence (including correspondence of Mr. Alger Hiss), administrative papers, progress reports, and presentation material. Sub-series arranged alphabetically.