Showing 2236 results

Catalogue
2236 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
S-0526-0345-0017-00002 · Item · 1956-12-31
Part of United Nations Korean Reconstruction Agency (UNKRA) (1950-1958)

They indicate the extent of the damage caused by the bombs and the fighting. The scrap shown here is on Inchon docks and consists of oil drums, and corrugated steel as well as helmets and other military equipment. One corner of the huge scrap pile on the Inchon docks near the Chsoun plant. Most of the scrap is military - tank turrets, oil drums, helmets and shell casings. [Photograph 531]

Mobile clinics in New York
S-0526-0345-0020-00001 · Item · 1956-12-31
Part of United Nations Korean Reconstruction Agency (UNKRA) (1950-1958)

Mobile clinics to be sent by the United Nations Korean Reconstruction Agency to Korea to provide medical treatment, immunization and public health education were shown to members of United Nations delegations, U. N. officials and representatives of voluntary agencies. These vehicles, the first of a number which will be sent to Korea, are equipped with motion picture projectors and public address systems, in addition to complete medical equipment. Shown examining one of the clinics are J. Donald Kingsley, Agent General of UNKRA (left) and Foreign Minister Y. T. Pyun of the Republic of Korea. [Photograph 777]

Photo 12
S-0526-0348-0001-00014 · Item · 1950-01-01 - 1960-12-31
Part of United Nations Korean Reconstruction Agency (UNKRA) (1950-1958)

Prof. MacDonald inspecting a patient with an advanced case of leprosy at the preventorium of the Presbyterian Leprosarium at Taegu. Children of leper parents are brought here at birth or when their parents are committed. The Institution, known in Korea as Ai Sak Won, was opened in 1913 by the American Presbyterian Mission. Its normal capacity of 450 was increased to 1,175 patients. Thirty-five of the 200 children there are infected children of leper parents. The parents are isolated in another part of the institution.

Photo 13
S-0526-0348-0001-00015 · Item · 1950-01-01 - 1960-12-31
Part of United Nations Korean Reconstruction Agency (UNKRA) (1950-1958)

Prof. MacDonald inspecting a patient with an advanced case of leprosy at the preventorium of the Presbyterian Leprosarium at Taegu. Children of leper parents are brought here at birth or when their parents are committed. The Institution, known in Korea as Ai Sak Won, was opened in 1913 by the American Presbyterian Mission. Its normal capacity of 450 was increased to 1,175 patients. Thirty-five of the 200 children there are infected children of leper parents. The parents are isolated in another part of the institution.