- 1943 - 1949
The agricultural rehabilitation planning work started under OFRRO, and the Division was established as a part of the UNRRA Bureau of Supply early in 1944.
The functions of the Division, outlined in A.O. No. 8, 15 April 1944, were to prepare requirements estimates; negotiate allocations of supplies; develop specifications and standards for supplies to be purchased; cooperate with other UNRRA divisions in achieving orderly, balanced programs, analyzing relevant reports and data, providing advice and information on agricultural commodities, and developing time schedules; and negotiate with national procurement agencies in arranging for purchase and deliveries.
At the peak of operations (about July 1946), the Division consisted of the Office of the Director and five major Branches: Field Services, Agriculture (and Fisheries) Equipment, livestock, General Farm Supplies, and Program Analysis and Control, each broken into a number of sections and units. A Records and Shipping Section, at that time a part of the Office of the Director, seems later to have been incorporated with the Progress Control Section of the Program Analysis and Control Branch.