Aperçu avant impression Fermer

Affichage de 494 résultats

United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (UNRRA) (1943-1946) Série organique
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

Country Programs Division Requirements and Allocations Coordination Branch - Country and Combined Boards Files

The first organization plan of the Bureau of Supply (Bureau of Supply Order No. 2, c. January 1944) contained provision for a Requirements and Allocations Division. After 15 April 1944, it operated as two branches, a Requirements Co-ordination Branch, and an Allocations Co-ordination Branch, (Bureau of Supply Order No. 8). The two were again joined (Bureau of Supply Order No. 8, Supp. 7) on 12 October 1944. On 13 July 1945 (Bureau of Supply Bulletin No. 34) the Branch was abolished, and its functions were taken over by the new Country Programs Division. The new Division took over some of the functions and staff of the "area desks" of the former Bureau of Areas.
The functions of the office were, briefly, to act in a staff and liaison capacity in connection with the computation of supply requirements and the preparation of requests for allocations, and in the development of coordinated requirements programs. It was divided into four major units: an Executive Office; a Programming Branch, responsible for drawing up and coordinating a broad program of supply operations by balancing the needs and requests of receiving countries against available resources of funds and supplies; an Operations Branch, principally occupied with preparing and maintaining current records and reports of the progress of the program; and a Country Desk Branch, consisting mainly of liaison officers responsible for coordinating the work of the various Supply Bureau divisions with respect to individual countries and for assisting the Mission heads and the Washington representatives of those countries.
When liquidation began, the Country Programs Division was abolished on 1 August 1947, and its remaining functions were assumed by the new Residual Operations and Records Division (General Bulletin No. 277). This was in turn succeeded on 1 April 1948 by the Division of Residual Supply Activities (AO 103, Supp. 21).

Country Programs Division - Executive Office - Country Files

The first organization plan of the Bureau of Supply (Bureau of Supply Order No. 2, c. January 1944) contained provision for a Requirements and Allocations Division. After 15 April 1944, it operated as two branches, a Requirements Co-ordination Branch, and an Allocations Co-ordination Branch, (Bureau of Supply Order No. 8). The two were again joined (Bureau of Supply Order No. 8, Supp. 7) on 12 October 1944. On 13 July 1945 (Bureau of Supply Bulletin No. 34) the Branch was abolished, and its functions were taken over by the new Country Programs Division. The new Division took over some of the functions and staff of the "area desks" of the former Bureau of Areas.
The functions of the office were, briefly, to act in a staff and liaison capacity in connection with the computation of supply requirements and the preparation of requests for allocations, and in the development of coordinated requirements programs. It was divided into four major units: an Executive Office; a Programming Branch, responsible for drawing up and coordinating a broad program of supply operations by balancing the needs and requests of receiving countries against available resources of funds and supplies; an Operations Branch, principally occupied with preparing and maintaining current records and reports of the progress of the program; and a Country Desk Branch, consisting mainly of liaison officers responsible for coordinating the work of the various Supply Bureau divisions with respect to individual countries and for assisting the Mission heads and the Washington representatives of those countries.
When liquidation began, the Country Programs Division was abolished on 1 August 1947, and its remaining functions were assumed by the new Residual Operations and Records Division (General Bulletin No. 277). This was in turn succeeded on 1 April 1948 by the Division of Residual Supply Activities (AO 103, Supp. 21).

Country Programs Division - Programming Branch - General Files

The first organization plan of the Bureau of Supply (Bureau of Supply Order No. 2, c. January 1944) contained provision for a Requirements and Allocations Division. After 15 April 1944, it operated as two branches, a Requirements Co-ordination Branch, and an Allocations Co-ordination Branch, (Bureau of Supply Order No. 8). The two were again joined (Bureau of Supply Order No. 8, Supp. 7) on 12 October 1944. On 13 July 1945 (Bureau of Supply Bulletin No. 34) the Branch was abolished, and its functions were taken over by the new Country Programs Division. The new Division took over some of the functions and staff of the "area desks" of the former Bureau of Areas.
The functions of the office were, briefly, to act in a staff and liaison capacity in connection with the computation of supply requirements and the preparation of requests for allocations, and in the development of coordinated requirements programs. It was divided into four major units: an Executive Office; a Programming Branch, responsible for drawing up and coordinating a broad program of supply operations by balancing the needs and requests of receiving countries against available resources of funds and supplies; an Operations Branch, principally occupied with preparing and maintaining current records and reports of the progress of the program; and a Country Desk Branch, consisting mainly of liaison officers responsible for coordinating the work of the various Supply Bureau divisions with respect to individual countries and for assisting the Mission heads and the Washington representatives of those countries.
When liquidation began, the Country Programs Division was abolished on 1 August 1947, and its remaining functions were assumed by the new Residual Operations and Records Division (General Bulletin No. 277). This was in turn succeeded on 1 April 1948 by the Division of Residual Supply Activities (AO 103, Supp. 21).

Country Programs Division - Operations Branch - Country Reports Files

The first organization plan of the Bureau of Supply (Bureau of Supply Order No. 2, c. January 1944) contained provision for a Requirements and Allocations Division. After 15 April 1944, it operated as two branches, a Requirements Co-ordination Branch, and an Allocations Co-ordination Branch, (Bureau of Supply Order No. 8). The two were again joined (Bureau of Supply Order No. 8, Supp. 7) on 12 October 1944. On 13 July 1945 (Bureau of Supply Bulletin No. 34) the Branch was abolished, and its functions were taken over by the new Country Programs Division. The new Division took over some of the functions and staff of the "area desks" of the former Bureau of Areas.
The functions of the office were, briefly, to act in a staff and liaison capacity in connection with the computation of supply requirements and the preparation of requests for allocations, and in the development of coordinated requirements programs. It was divided into four major units: an Executive Office; a Programming Branch, responsible for drawing up and coordinating a broad program of supply operations by balancing the needs and requests of receiving countries against available resources of funds and supplies; an Operations Branch, principally occupied with preparing and maintaining current records and reports of the progress of the program; and a Country Desk Branch, consisting mainly of liaison officers responsible for coordinating the work of the various Supply Bureau divisions with respect to individual countries and for assisting the Mission heads and the Washington representatives of those countries.
When liquidation began, the Country Programs Division was abolished on 1 August 1947, and its remaining functions were assumed by the new Residual Operations and Records Division (General Bulletin No. 277). This was in turn succeeded on 1 April 1948 by the Division of Residual Supply Activities (AO 103, Supp. 21).

Country Programs Division - Country Desk Branch - Liaison Officers files

The first organization plan of the Bureau of Supply (Bureau of Supply Order No. 2, c. January 1944) contained provision for a Requirements and Allocations Division. After 15 April 1944, it operated as two branches, a Requirements Co-ordination Branch, and an Allocations Co-ordination Branch, (Bureau of Supply Order No. 8). The two were again joined (Bureau of Supply Order No. 8, Supp. 7) on 12 October 1944. On 13 July 1945 (Bureau of Supply Bulletin No. 34) the Branch was abolished, and its functions were taken over by the new Country Programs Division. The new Division took over some of the functions and staff of the "area desks" of the former Bureau of Areas.
The functions of the office were, briefly, to act in a staff and liaison capacity in connection with the computation of supply requirements and the preparation of requests for allocations, and in the development of coordinated requirements programs. It was divided into four major units: an Executive Office; a Programming Branch, responsible for drawing up and coordinating a broad program of supply operations by balancing the needs and requests of receiving countries against available resources of funds and supplies; an Operations Branch, principally occupied with preparing and maintaining current records and reports of the progress of the program; and a Country Desk Branch, consisting mainly of liaison officers responsible for coordinating the work of the various Supply Bureau divisions with respect to individual countries and for assisting the Mission heads and the Washington representatives of those countries.
When liquidation began, the Country Programs Division was abolished on 1 August 1947, and its remaining functions were assumed by the new Residual Operations and Records Division (General Bulletin No. 277). This was in turn succeeded on 1 April 1948 by the Division of Residual Supply Activities (AO 103, Supp. 21).

Industrial Rehabilitation Division - Industry and Material Branch - General Equipment and Material Section - Subject and Country Files

As first conceived, the Division of Industrial Rehabilitation was a separate entity within UNRRA, responsible directly to the Director General. Not until 26 June 1944 was it established as a division within the Bureau of Supply, combining the responsibilities therefore assigned to the Division of Industrial Rehabilitation, the Division of Industrial Equipment of the Bureau of Supply, and the Division of Raw Materials of the Bureau of Supply. A structure for the division was devised consisting of a Requirements and Supply Section and a Technical Section. Subsequently this organizational structure was changed and commodity sections established.
The supplies provided by UNRRA in the industrial rehabilitation program can be divided into four broad categories:
(1) Highway, railway, and water transport equipment.
(2) Coal and other fuel, and lubricants.
(3) Materials for the restoration of public utilities, for provision of shelter, and for the repair of highways.
(4) Materials and equipment necessary for the restoration of essential industries.
In brief, the duties and responsibilities of this division were as follows:
To collect and analyze all necessary information for the preparation of requests for allocations of supplies, including available information on the state of industry and condition of industrial plants.
To examine import programs submitted by both paying and non-paying governments and to suggest substitutes or changes in these programs.
To examine the capacities of countries and decide which are best suited to produce and supply materials and equipment for the relief and rehabilitation of liberated areas.
To develop specifications and standards and to prepare the necessary procurement orders for materials, equipment and supplies which are to be produced.
To make arrangements with national procurement authorities for the timely scheduling and delivery of the commodities to be procured.
To establish pools of equipment and material and to determine priorities.
To act as technical adviser and consultant to the Administration; to cooperate fully with the Standing Technical Committee on Industrial Rehabilitation and its Sub-committees.

Industrial Rehabilitation Division - Office of the Chief - Subject Files

As first conceived, the Division of Industrial Rehabilitation was a separate entity within UNRRA, responsible directly to the Director General. Not until 26 June 1944 was it established as a division within the Bureau of Supply, combining the responsibilities therefore assigned to the Division of Industrial Rehabilitation, the Division of Industrial Equipment of the Bureau of Supply, and the Division of Raw Materials of the Bureau of Supply. A structure for the division was devised consisting of a Requirements and Supply Section and a Technical Section. Subsequently this organizational structure was changed and commodity sections established.
The supplies provided by UNRRA in the industrial rehabilitation program can be divided into four broad categories:
(1) Highway, railway, and water transport equipment.
(2) Coal and other fuel, and lubricants.
(3) Materials for the restoration of public utilities, for provision of shelter, and for the repair of highways.
(4) Materials and equipment necessary for the restoration of essential industries.
In brief, the duties and responsibilities of this division were as follows:
To collect and analyze all necessary information for the preparation of requests for allocations of supplies, including available information on the state of industry and condition of industrial plants.
To examine import programs submitted by both paying and non-paying governments and to suggest substitutes or changes in these programs.
To examine the capacities of countries and decide which are best suited to produce and supply materials and equipment for the relief and rehabilitation of liberated areas.
To develop specifications and standards and to prepare the necessary procurement orders for materials, equipment and supplies which are to be produced.
To make arrangements with national procurement authorities for the timely scheduling and delivery of the commodities to be procured.
To establish pools of equipment and material and to determine priorities.
To act as technical adviser and consultant to the Administration; to cooperate fully with the Standing Technical Committee on Industrial Rehabilitation and its Sub-committees.

Résultats 481 à 490 sur 494