- 1943 - 1949
Public information work in UNRRA began with a small staff taken over from OFRRO which worked at the Atlantic City Council session of November 1943.
The headquarters staff in early 1946 numbered more than sixty, who were grouped in a Director's Office; Branches for Writing and Editing, Regional Operations, and Area Service; and Sections dealing with Radio, Organized Groups, Visual Media, Trade Press, and Magazines. The functions of the Office are sufficiently evident from these titles.
Because of the nature of the work, the records kept by the office consisted mainly of routine administrative files and preliminary drafts of releases and other publicity materials. Much of this was destroyed by UNRRA or later by the Archives Section.